Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
DECEMBER 2012 DRAFT AGENDA
SHERATON FISHERMAN'S WHARF
2500 MASON STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94133
Phone number will only be in service when the meeting is in session.
Please note: agenda items are subject to change.
See transit,driving and parking information.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2012
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. AGENDA CHANGES
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9:00 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be additional comment time available later in the day.
COMMISSION FIELD TRIP
Commission Field Trip. The Commission will take a field trip starting at approximately 10:45 to the Devil’s Slide Tunnel in San Mateo County, and potential other locations in Pacifica and San Francisco. The Commission will depart in a bus from the meeting location and returning no earlier than approximately 2:00 to continue its agenda. Seating on the bus is limited. The public is invited to follow the tour in their private vehicles and join the Commission at designated stops. A more detailed itinerary will be available on this web-link at a later date. For more information, please contact the Commission’s office in Santa Cruz at (831) 427-4863.
SOUTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Ventura office at (805) 585-1800.
a. City of Port Hueneme LCP Amendment No. MAJ-1-12 (Housing, Density Bonus, and Reasonable Accommodations)Certification Review. Concurrence with the Executive Director’s determination that action by the City of Port Hueneme, acknowledging receipt, acceptance, and agreement with the Commission’s certification with suggested modifications, is legally adequate. (AG-V)
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
7. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. County of Santa Barbara LCP Amendment No. MAJ-1-12-B (Pescadero Lofts). Public hearing and action on request by the County of Santa Barbara to amend its certified LCP, including: (1) a land use plan amendment to the Goleta Community Plan to change the land use designation of a parcel from 20 units per acre to 30 units per acre for 100 percent affordable housing, and (2) a coastal zoning ordinance amendment to establish a new density of 30 units per acre for 100 percent affordable housing. (AG-V)
[An addendum has been appended to the report for item 7b below on December 10.]
b. Pepperdine University LRDP Amendment No. 1-11, Part A (Campus Life Project). Public hearing and action on Pepperdine University’s request to amend its certified Long Range Development Plan to implement the “Campus Life Project” generally consisting of the following six elements: (1) redevelop existing student housing and provide additional student residential capacity; (2) provide for a new multi-purpose Athletics/Events Center; (3) upgrade the existing soccer field for NCAA-compliant competition; (4) provide for a new Visitor Welcome Center with landscaped quad and two levels of underground parking at campus core; (5) replace a surface parking lot with a multi-level parking structure; and (6) place approx. 153,000 cu. yds. of excess fill generated by the Campus Life Project in the existing Marie Canyon debris basin and equestrian field, relocate the Marie Canyon debris basin and adjacent designated stockpile area further north in the canyon, and grade the new pad to prepare an expanded flat surface suitable for intramural sports; at Pepperdine University's Malibu campus, Los Angeles County. (MF-V)
8. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
[An addendum has been linked from the staff report for item 8a below on December 10.]
a. Application No. 4-12-003 (Rydings, Los Angeles Co.)Application of Mark Rydings to construct 8,180 sq.ft. (6,300 sq.ft. living area with 1,880 sq.ft. basement), 2-story, 26’8” ft.-high single-family home with attached 815 sq.ft., 4-car garage, driveway, hammer-head turnaround, 8 retaining walls ranging in height from 1.7 ft. to 10.5 ft. high and totaling 1,176 linear feet of retaining wall, pool, spa, private septic system and private water main, vineyard, hardscaping, landscaping and irrigation system, minor widening of segments of Hawks Nest Trail and Skyhawk Lane as required by L.A. County Fire Dept. and 7,896 cu.yds. of grading (6,455 cu.yds. of cut and 1,441 cu.yds. of fill), at 2525 Hawks Nest Trail, Topanga, Los Angeles County (DV-V)
b. Application No. 4-12-071 (City of Ventura Department of Public Works) Application of City of Ventura Department of Public Works to place up to 9,600 cu.yds. of cobble material, 4 to 18 inches in diameter, and 5,000 cu.yds. of sand over a five-year period along an 800-ft. segment of Surfer’s Point Beach, in Ventura, Ventura County. (JB-V)
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
9. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
10. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
11. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
12. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-2-SMC-11-32 (Cattermole, San Mateo Co.) Appeal by Shauna McKenna and David Rhodes from decision of County of San Mateo granting permit with conditions to George and Mary Cattermole for 1) subdivision of 12.4-acre parcel into four parcels and 2) development of two single-family homes on one of the proposed parcels, at 7625 Stage Road, San Gregorio, San Mateo County. (ND-SF)
b. Appeal No. A-2-SMC-11-44 (Gerardo-Lietz, San Mateo Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Blank and Shallenberger, Casey Schaufler, Ann Forrister & Surfrider Foundation from decision of County of San Mateo granting permit with conditions to Fergus Garber Young Architects for construction of 2,783 sq.ft. addition to existing 2,912 sq.ft. single-family home, at 263 Nevada Ave., Moss Beach, San Mateo County. (ND-SF)
12.5. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS.
a. Application No. 2-06-017 (Altman and Atid, Marin Co.) Application of Daniel Altman and Avi Atid to renovate historic Marshall Tavern into a 5-unit bed and breakfast overnight facility with additional manager’s unit and parking, along and over (on pilings) Tomales Bay at 20105 and 20125 Highway One in unincorporated Marshall area Marin County. (LK-SF)
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
13. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863.
a. City of Carmel LCP Amendment No. CML-3-12 (Mixed Use Standards). Concurrence with the Executive Director's determination that the request by City of Carmel to amend the LCP to create new regulations for single family residences, two-unit residential projects and mixed use projects in the Central Commercial, Service Commercial and Residential and Limited Commercial Districts is minor. (MW-SC)
14. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
15. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
[An addendum has been linked from the staff report for item 15a below on December 10.]
a. City of Seaside LCP Amendment No. SEA-1-11 (Complete LCP).Public hearing and action on request by City of Seaside to update the certified Land Use Plan and to certify an Implementation Plan, thus comprising an entire LCP for the City. (MW-SC)
16. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
[Correspondence received has been linked from the staff report for item 16a below on December 10.]
a. Appeal No. A-3-SCO-12-37 (Lawrence & Miller, Santa Cruz Co.) Appeal by Philip D. Lively from decision of County of Santa Cruz granting permit with conditions to Claudia Mae Lawrence & Berkeley Miller for proposal to demolish existing 570 sq.ft., one-story, single-family home & accessory structures, and construction of an approx. 2,000 sq.ft., 2-story single-family home, at 115 19th Avenue, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County. (DR-SC)