Smith River Rancheria
350 North Indian Road
Smith River, CA 95567
Phone number will only be in service when the meeting is in session.
Please note: agenda items are subject to change.
September 10, 2014
- CALL TO ORDER.
- ROLL CALL.
- AGENDA CHANGES.
- GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9:00 a.m. for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be additional comment time available later in the day.
- CHAIR'S REPORT.
6. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S REPORT.
a. Director's Report.
b. Legislation. Legislative report and possible Commission action. (CL/SC-SF)
c. Budget Briefing. (CL/SMH-SF)
d. Public Education Grants. Public hearing and action on proposed targeted grant awards from sales of the WHALE TAIL License Plate. (SBL-SF)
Motion and Vote
e. Interagency Agreement. Nonpoint Source Program Contract. Authorization for Executive Director to enter into an agreement with the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) for the Commission to continue implementation of the Plan for California's Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Program. (ALW-SF)
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
7. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Arcata office at (707) 826-8950.
a. Briefing on Coastal Development Issues Related to North Coast Tribes. A presentation will be given by Commission staff and tribal representatives.
b. Briefing on Humboldt Bay Sea Level Rise Adaptation Planning. An update on the Humboldt Bay Sea Level Rise Adaptation Planning Project and a progress report on LCP updates focusing on Humboldt Bay sea level rise adaption will be given by the project manager and Commission staff.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
9. NEW APPEALS See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-DNNC-14-0028 (Pappas, Del Norte Co.) Appeal by Friends of Del Norte from decision of Del Norte County granting permit with conditions to John Pappas for permit for storage yard on north side of Elk Valley Rd. behind Crescent City Hay andFeed Store, approx. 0.1 miles east of Crescent City, Del Norte County. (CK-A)
Motion and Vote
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES AND FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
10. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission's Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
11. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
CLOSED SESSION. At a convenient time during the meeting, the Commission (CCC) will have a closed session to discuss items of pending litigation, including:
CCC v. U.S. Dept. of Navy et al. , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Drakes Bay Oyster Co. v. CCC et al. , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Faber et al. v. CCC (Drakes Bay Oyster Co., RPI) , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Frank v. CCC, Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Arnold Land Co., LLC v. CCC, Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Baltimore Land Co., LLC v. CCC, Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Gradstein et al. v. CCC et al. (Stoloski, RPI) , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Horizontal Development LLC et al. v. CCC, Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A) , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
San Diegans for Responsible Planning v. CCC (City of San Diego et al., RPI) , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Steinberg v. CCC, Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
Union of Medical Marijuana Patients v. CCC (City of San Diego, RPI) , Govt. Code § 11126(e)(2)(A)
The Commission is authorized to discuss these matters in a closed session pursuant to Government Code §s 11126(e)(2)(A) and (2)(C). In addition, the Commission may consider matters which fall under Government Code § 11126(e)(2)(B) or (2)(C). The Commission may also consider personnel matters which fall under Government Code § 11126(a).
12. APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
13. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
14. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
15. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
16. SANTA MONICA BAY RESTORATION REPORT.
17. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
18. COMMISSION FIELD TRIP. The Commission will take a field trip at the conclusion of the meeting on Wednesday, September 10, 2014, to view areas of the coastal zone along the Del Norte County coast. The field trip will commence from the parking lot of the Smith River Rancheria, 350 North Indian Road. Several stops will be made and may include: (1) the Pacific Shores Subdivision off of Lower Lake Drive, and Kellogg Avenue; where mitigation is proposed for previously approved runway safety area development at the Del Norte County Regional Airport; (2) Lake Earl; (3) the U.S. Highway 101 crossing of the Smith River where replacement of the highway bridge is proposed; (4) the Del Norte County Regional Airport off of Dale Rupert Road; and (5) the Crescent City Harbor off of Citizen's Dock Road Way, where harbor facilities damaged by the March 2011 tsunami have been newly repaired and public access improvements newly constructed. Members of the public are invited to attend by following in their private vehicles and joining the Commission at designated stops. A more detailed itinerary will be available at a later date. For more information, please call the Commission's North Coast District office in Arcata at (707) 826-8950.
RECEPTION. At the conclusion of the Commission field trip on Wednesday September 10, or at 6:00 p.m., whichever is later, the Commission will attend a reception held at the Tolowa Event Center-Smith River Rancheria 350 North Indian Road Smith River, CA 95567. Members of the public are welcome to join the Commission; however, because space is limited, attendance will be allowed on a first come/first served basis. There will be a cost for the reception. If you wish to attend or want more information, please call the Commission's North Coast District office in Arcata at (707) 826-8950.
Please Note: This is a social event for the Commission and the public. No lobbying, distribution of materials, signage, or other communication about Commission business should occur at the event. Thank you.