FRIDAY JANUARY 9 2015 9:00 A.M.
SOUTH COAST DISTRICT (LOS ANGELES COUNTY)
- CALL TO ORDER.
- ROLL CALL.
- AGENDA CHANGES.
- GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9:00 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be additional comment time available later in the day. Note: Comments made during the general public comment period regarding matters pending before the Commission do not become part of the official record for those matters.
- ADMINISTRATIVE CALENDAR. See Agenda Categories .
- Application No. 5-14-1385 (Strausberg, Venice, Los Angeles) Application of Mitchell Strausberg to add 123 sq. ft. to detached 2-car garage and construct 1,163 sq. ft. second unit over garage at 835 Milwood Ave. Venice, Los Angeles County. (AD-LB)
CONSENT CALENDAR. See Agenda Categories. Motion and Vote
- Application No. 5-14-1719 (Grand Prix Association of Long Beach and City of Long Beach) Application of Grand Prix Association of Long Beachj and City of Long Beach to install and remove temporary facilities for traffic and public accommodations for 2015 Grand Prix including cement barriers (K-rails), security and safety fencing, pedestrian bridges across race course, grandstands, concession stands and portable toilets, at Downtown Shoreline, Long Beach, Los Angeles County. (ZR-LB)
SOUTH COAST DISTRICT (LOS ANGELES COUNTY)
- ENFORCEMENT REPORT. Report by Chief of Enforcement on Statewide Enforcement Program. (LAH-SF)
Items F8 and F9, below share a single, combined staff report
- Settlement Agreement and Settlement Cease and Desist Order No. CCC-15-CD-01 (Newport Banning Ranch, LLC, et al., Orange Co.) Public hearing and Commission action on proposed administrative order directing respondents to, among other things: (1) cease and desist from engaging in alleged unpermitted development, including mowing, at properties collectively known as Banning Ranch, located adjacent to 5100 block of West Coast Hwy, in unincorporated Orange County; (2) remove certain oil production structures and materials that are present on those properties as result of alleged unpermitted activities; and (3) restore certain areas impacted by the subject activities, and some additional areas, to Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area status. (AJW-LB) POSTPONED
- Settlement Agreement and Settlement Restoration Order No. CCC-15-RO-01 (Newport Banning Ranch, LLC, et al., Orange Co.) Public hearing and Commission action on proposed administrative order directing respondents to, among other things: (1) remove from the properties described below oil production structures and items located there as a result of alleged unpermitted activities; and (2) restore certain areas impacted by the subject activities, and some additional areas, to Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area status; on properties collectively known as Banning Ranch, located adjacent to 5100 block of West Coast Hwy, Orange County. (AJWLB) POSTPONED
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT FOR LOS ANGELES COUNTY. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Long Beach office at (562) 590-5071.
- CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See Agenda Categories. Motion and Vote
- LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See Agenda Categories .
- City of Long Beach LCP Amendment No. LCP-5-MNB-13-0229-3 (Sign Code). Time Extension. Public hearing and action to extend 60-day time limit for Commission action up to one year on City of Long Beach request to amend the Implementing Ordinances regarding signs (Chapter 2.44 LBMC). (CP-LB) Motion and Vote
13. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See Agenda Categories. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See Agenda Categories) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
- Application No. 5-14-0770 (MDR Boat Central, LLP and Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors, Los Angeles Co.) Application of MDR Boat Central, LLP and Los Angeles County Dept. of Beaches and Harbors to construct 75 to 82-ft high dry stack boat storage facility with 11,600 square feet of water coverage, supported by 22 bearing piles driven 60 feet below surface of water at Basin H, 13837 Fiji Way, Marina del Rey, Los Angeles County. (ZR-LB) Motion and Vote
- Application No. 5-13-0639 (Girard, Venice, Los Angeles Co.) Application of Joseph and Judith Girard to demolish 1,854 sq.ft., 3-unit home and detached garage and construct 30-ft. 9-in.-high, 7,452 sq.ft. 3-unit condominium with 7 on-site parking spaces on 2 adjoined lots on walk street, and improvements on fronting right-of-way, at15 - 25th Ave., Venice, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County. (SV-LB)
- Appeal No. A-5-DRL14-0023/5-14-0628 (Verizon Wireless, Los Angeles) Appeal by Coastal Commission Executive Director of City of Los Angeles's permit to Verizon Wireless to replace 27-ft. light pole with light pole of same height; addition of two (57" X 17" X 7") panel antennas; installation of 4'x 3' x 2' underground splice vault; and construct 20'x 18'x 8" underground vault; two 42-in.-high ventilation stacks; and 48-in.-high electrical meter pedestal, at Vista Del Mar between Vista Del Mar Lane and Waterview St., Playa del Rey, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County. (MS-LB)
- Future Agenda Items. Discussion of potential future agenda items. (CL-SF)
COMMISSION FIELD TRIP. At the end of the Commission meeting, the Commission will take a bus and walking tour of the Venice area on Friday, January 9. The field trip will commence from the parking lot of the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica. Members of the public are invited to attend by following in their private vehicles and joining the Commission at designated stops. A detailed itinerary will be available at a later date. For more information, please call the Commission's South Coast District office in Long Beach at (562) 590-5071.