Eric Sklar, President
Anthony C. Williams, Vice President
Russell E. Burns, Member
Peter S. Silva, Member
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
Edmund G. Brown Jr., Governor
Fish and Game Commission
Wildlife Heritage and Conservation
Valerie Termini, Executive Director
P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
REVISED* MEETING AGENDA
April 18-19, 2018, 9:00 AM
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
1050 Schooner Drive
Ventura, CA 93001
The meeting will be live streamed at www.cal-span.org
IMPORTANT COMMISSION MEETING PROCEDURES INFORMATION
WELCOME TO A MEETING OF THE CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION
This is the 149th year of operation of the Commission in partnership with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife. Our goal is the preservation of our heritage and conservation of our natural resources through informed decision making; Commission meetings are vital in achieving that goal. In that spirit, we provide the following information to be as effective and efficient toward that end. Welcome and please let us know if you have any questions.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Persons with disabilities needing reasonable accommodation to participate in public meetings or other Commission activities are invited to contact the Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator at (916) 651-1214. Requests for facility and/or meeting accessibility should be received at least 10 working days prior to the meeting to ensure the request can be accommodated.
To receive meeting agendas and regulatory notices about those subjects of interest to you, please visit the Commission's website, www.fgc.gov, to sign up on our electronic mailing lists.
SUBMITTING WRITTEN COMMENTS
The public is encouraged to comment on any agenda item. Submit written comments by one of the following methods: E-mail to email@example.com; mail to California Fish and Game Commission, P.O. Box 944209, Sacramento, CA 94244-2090; deliver to California Fish and Game Commission, 1416 Ninth Street, Room 1320, Sacramento, CA 95814; or hand-deliver to a Commission meeting. Materials provided to the Commission may be made available to the general public
The Written Comment Deadline for this meeting is 5:00 p.m. on March 29, 2018. Written comments received at the Commission office by this deadline will be made available to Commissioners prior to the meeting.
After these deadlines, written comments may be delivered in person to the meeting - Please bring two (2) copies of written comments to one of the teleconference locations.
Visual presentations will not be allowed at this meeting.
SPEAKING AT THE MEETING
To speak on an agenda item, please complete a "Speaker Card" and give it to the designated staff member before the agenda item is announced. Cards will be available near the entrance of the meeting room. Only one speaker card is necessary for speaking to multiple items.
- Speakers will be called in groups; please line up when your name is called.
- When addressing the Commission, give your nam e and the name of any organization you represent, and provide your comments on the item under consideration.
- If there are several speakers with the same concerns, please appoint a spokesperson and avoid repetitive testimony.
- The presiding commissioner will allot between one and three minutes per speaker per agenda item, subject to the following exceptions:
- The presiding commissioner may allow up to five minutes to an individual speaker if a minimum of three individuals who are present when the agenda item is called have ceded their time to the designated spokesperson, andthe individuals ceding time forfeit their right to speak to the agenda item.
- Individuals may receive advance approval for additional time to speak if requests for additional time to speak are received by email or delivery to the Commission office by the Late Comment Deadline. The president or designee will approve or deny the request no later than 5:00 p.m. two days prior to the meeting.
- An individual requiring an interpreter is entitled to at least twice the allotted time pursuant to Government Code Section 11125.7(c).
- An individual may receive additional time to speak to an agenda item at the request of any commissioner.
- If you are presenting handouts/written material to the Commission at the meeting, please provide two (2) copies to the designated staff member just prior to speaking.