Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
Ocean Protection Council Meeting — Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Agenda for November 1, 2017 Ocean Protection Council Workshop and Meeting
On November 1, 2017, the Ocean Protection Council will host a workshop and panel discussion on California’s great white sharks. The workshop will be held at the Stanley Mosk Library and Courts Building, 914 Capitol Mall, Room 500, Sacramento, CA 95814 from 10am to 12pm. Details on the workshop can be found here. The Ocean Protection Council meeting will follow at 1pm at the Natural Resources Building Auditorium; see agenda below.
OPC Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Natural Resource Building Auditorium
1416 Ninth St., Sacramento, CA 95814
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources, Council Chair
Matt Rodriquez, Secretary for Environmental Protection
Gavin Newsom, Lieutenant Governor, Chair of the State Lands Commission
Robert Hertzberg, State Senator
Mark Stone, State Assemblymember
Michael Brown, Public Member
1. Welcome and Council Member Announcements
Secretary Laird, Council Chair
2. Report from the Executive Director
Deborah Halberstadt, Executive Director
3. Update on Ocean Science Trust
Carrie Blanding, Interim Executive Director, Ocean Science Trust
4. Action Item: Consideration of adoption of revised Proposition 1 grant guidelines and update on recently funded Proposition 1 projects
Marina Cazorla, Program Manager
• Exhibit 1: Proposed Updated OPC Proposition 1 Grant Guidelines
• Exhibit 2: 2015 Approved OPC Proposition 1 Grant Guidelines
Motion and Vote
5. Informational Item: Proposition 84 Competitive Grant Process Criteria and update on recently funded Proposition 84 projects
Holly Wyer, Program Manager
6. Informational Item: Once-Through Cooling Interim Mitigation Funding Program
Cyndi Dawson, Program Manager
7. Public Comment on non-agenda items
8. Arrangements for Next Meeting and Adjournment
January 31, 2018, 1 – 4 pm, Natural Resources Building auditorium, Sacramento.
Agenda items may be re-ordered at the discretion of the council chair.
Please fill out a Request to Speak card to provide public comment on non-agenda items or on a specific agenda item. Comment on agenda items will be taken following each item.
Comments may be sent by email to: COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov. Written public comment must be received by 5 pm on October 31, 2017 to be included in the materials provided to the council at the meeting. Materials received after that date will be distributed to the council at the beginning of the meeting. Oral and written comments will be accepted at the meeting.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Jenn Eckerle at (916) 654-9055 or email@example.com.
Any person who has a disability and requires accommodation to participate in this council meeting should contact Ms. Eckerle no later than five days prior to the meeting.