– MEETING NOTICE –
DELTA INDEPENDENT SCIENCE BOARD MEETING
Thursday, May 11, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Field Tour Locations: Lindsey Slough Restoration Project (map)Jepson Prairie Preserve (map) Meeting and Community Night Location: Ryde Hotel 14340 Hwy 160 Walnut Grove, CA 95690 Webcast*: www.deltacouncil.ca.gov
*Webcast signal may be intermittent due to infrastructure at the meeting location. Community night will not be webcast.
THE AGENDA ITEMS LISTED BELOW MAY BE CONSIDERED IN A DIFFERENT ORDER PURSUANT TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE ISB CHAIR. TIMES LISTED ON THE AGENDA ARE APPROXIMATE ONLY. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DELTA INDEPENDENT SCIENCE BOARD, AL ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS AGENDA, WHETHER OR NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED FOR ACTION, MA BE DELIBERATED UPON AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO ACTION. PUBLIC COMMENT MAY BE LIMITE TO THREE MINUTES PER PERSON.
Purpose: The Delta Independent Science Board will have a half-day field tour of the Lindsey Slough Restoration Project and the Jepson Prairie Preserve. The Board will meet to finalize its reviews of the Draft 2017-2021 Science Action Agenda and the EcoRestore Adaptive Management Program White Paper. The Board will also discuss its review of California WaterFix Final EIR/S, hear updates on its thematic reviews of Water Quality and Comprehensive Assessment of Monitoring, and hear a presentation on the State of the Bay-Delta Science (SBDS) 2016 Retrospective. The DISB will hold an evening community meeting seeking dialogue and input from Delta residents, and initiate an outreach of its Delta as an Evolving Place report.
Day 1, Thursday, May 11, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PST – Field Tour
Lindsey Slough Restoration Project (map) and Jepson Prairie Preserve (map), see below for the field tour schedule
- Sarah Estrella, CDFW
- David Contreras, CDFW
- John Durand, UC Davis
- Katherine Mawdsley, Jepson Prairie Preserve
12:30 p.m. Field Tour Adjourn 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST – Meeting
Day 1, Thursday, May 11, 2017, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. PST - Community Night
Welcome and Declarations
Closed Session (Not Open to the Public) –Personnel Matter (Government Code §11126 (a)(1)) Regarding Recommendation for Upcoming Lead Scientist Appointment
Reopen Meeting and Report on Closed Session
Delta ISB Chair Report and Business Matters
Delta Lead Scientist Report
Review Memo on the Draft 2017 - 2021 Science Action Agenda (ACTION)
Update on California Water Fix Final EIR/S Review
Public Comments (For matters that were not on the agenda, but within subject matter jurisdiction of the Delta ISB.)
5:00 p.m. Meeting Adjourn
- DISB Roles in the Delta
- Individual Introductions of DISB Members
- Overview of the Delta as an Evolving Place Review Report
- Open Questions & Answers with the Audience
7:00 p.m. Community Night Adjourn
- If you have any questions, please contact Martina Koller at (916) 445-5838 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Independent Scienc Board on any agenda items except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such opportunity at an earlier meeting. In addition, comments during the Public Comment period shall be limited to matters within the Delta ISB’s jurisdiction and not on the agenda. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Sections 11125.7).
- Members of the public are encouraged to visit the Delta ISB website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/delta_science_program/isb/isb_meetings.html to print the background meeting materials. A limited number of copies of these materials will be available at the meeting.
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office, Delta Stewardship Council at (916) 445-5511, TDD (800) 735-2929.