|Day 2, January 11, 2019: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST|
| ||1.|| Welcome and Declarations|
| ||2.|| Delta ISB Chair Report and Business Matters|
| ||3.|| Council Chair and Executive Officer Report|
| ||4.|| Delta Lead Scientist Report|
| ||5.|| State of Interagency Science in the Delta|
| || ||a.|| Discuss Dealing with Rapid Environmental Change|
| || ||b.||Consider Finalizing Content of the Draft Letter to DPIIC (Action Item)|
| ||6.|| Reflect on the Water Supply Reliability Estimation Workshop|
| ||7.|| Updates on Other Reviews|
| || ||a.|| Water Quality|
| || ||b.|| Ecosystems|
| || ||c.|| Interagency Ecological Program (IEP)|
| || ||d.|| Delta Monitoring Enterprise|
| ||8.|| Preparation for Upcoming Delta ISB Meetings|
| ||9.|| Review of Items for Follow-up|
| ||10.|| Public Comments|
The Delta ISB will take public comments on topics within its jurisdiction that are not on the agenda.
|12:00 p.m. ~ Lunch Break (Reconvene at 1:00 p.m.)|
| ||11.|| Workshop: Steps Toward Implementing Recommendations from the Delta ISB’s Water Quality Review|
| || ||a.|| Opening Remarks from the Delta ISB|
| || ||b.|| Presentation: Perspectives from the Delta Science Program and the Delta Stewardship Council|
John Callaway, Lead Scientist of the Delta Science Program, will present ideas on how the Council and its Delta Science Program can move forward with the recommendations from the review.
| || ||c.|| Presentation: An Update on Efforts to Implement Assembly Bill 1755 (AB1755; The Open and Transparent Water Data Act)|
Gary Darling of the California Department of Water Resources will provide a presentation on the status of implementing AB1755, and will share his thoughts on whether implementing AB1755 will address the Delta ISB’s data management recommendations.
|2:00 pm ~ 15 minute Break|
| || ||d.|| Panel Discussion: Ideas for Implementing Recommendations|
The Delta ISB will moderate a panel discussion about the findings and recommendations from the review. Panelists include Brian Bergamaschi (United States Geological Survey), Debra Denton (United States Environmental Protection Agency), Janis Cooke (Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board), Lisa Thompson (Regional San), Lynda Smith (Metropolitan Water District of Southern California), and Stephanie Fong (California Department of Fish and Wildlife).
| || ||e.|| Closing Remarks from the Delta Science Program|
|4:30 p.m. ~ Adjourned|
- If you have any questions, please contact Edmund Yu at 916-445-0637 or Edmund.Yu@deltacouncil.ca.gov.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta ISB on any agenda items except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such opportunity at an earlier meeting. In addition, comments during the Public Comment period shall be limited to matters within the Delta ISB’s jurisdiction and not on the agenda. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Sections 11125.7).
- Members of the public are encouraged to visit the Delta ISB website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/delta_science_program/isb/isb_meetings.html to print the background meeting materials. A limited number of copies of these materials will be available at the meeting.
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office, Delta Stewardship Council at (916) 445-5511, TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Note that the Delta Stewardship Council, which provides staff services to the Delta ISB, is under ex parte communication restrictions with regard to the Smith Canal Gate Project, and cannot discuss the project with anyone outside of the Council, which includes the Delta ISB. The Delta ISB is independent of the Council and is not under ex parte restrictions
| || || || |
| || || || |
| || || || |