| ||10:00 a.m.||1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
| || ||2.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| || || || || |
| ||Approx. Time: |
|3.|| Public Hearing and Consideration of Proposed Findings Regarding the Appealof the Certification of Consistency for the Smith Canal Gate Project|
The Council will hold a public hearing and consider taking action on proposed findings regarding the appeal of the certification of consistency submitted on November 2, 2018 by the San Joaquin Area Flood Control Agency for the Smith Canal Gate Project, Certification Number C20188. More information about the certification and appeal can be found here: https://coveredactions.deltacouncil.ca.gov/profile_summary.aspx?c=86b4471f-f63c-4cd3-97b0-ebaf91324c49
| || || |
(Note: A certified shorthand reporter will record the proceedings.A one-hour lunch break will occur after Agenda Item 3.)
Attachment 1: Proposed Determination Regarding Appeals of the Certification of Consistency by the San Joaquin Area Flood Control Association for the Smith Canal Gate Project
Attachment 2: Proposed Modifications to Staff Draft Determination Regarding Appeals of the Certification of Consistency by the San Joaquin Area Flood Control Association for the Smith Canal Gate Project
| || ||4.| Adoption of February 21, 2019 Meeting Summary (Action Item)
Motion and Vote
| || ||5.|| Chair’s Report (Information Item) |
| || || ||a)|
Delta Plan Interagency Implementation Committee Meeting Preview
Attachment 1: Delta Science Funding Resiliency Strategy
Attachment 2: Delta Independent Science Board Letter to DPIIC
| || ||6.|| Executive Officer’s Report (Information Item)|
| || || ||a)||Legal Update|
| || || ||b)|| Legislative Update (Action Item)|
The Council will discuss current legislation that could affect the Council and/or implementation of the Delta Plan, and may take action to express support, opposition,or seek to amend, any of the bills listed in the monthly Legislative report.
| || ||7.|| Five-Year Review of the Delta Plan – Stakeholder Assessment|
The Council will receive and discuss results of the stakeholder assessment undertaken for the development of the Five-Year review of the Delta Plan.
Attachment 1: Five-Year Review Recommendations Report Draft Outline
Attachment 2: Stakeholder Interview Questions
| || ||8.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item)|
Lead Scientist Dr. John Callaway will provide information related to the discussion at the January Council meeting regarding the use of cultured Delta Smelt populations. Dr. Callaway will report on recent advances in Delta research, provide a recap of the recent Delta Social Science Task Force meeting and Adaptive Management Forum, and walk through the new Delta Science Program webpages.
Attachment 1: By the Numbers Summary (to be provided at the meeting)
| || ||9.|| Endorsement of the Update to the Delta Science Plan (Action Item)|
The Council will discuss and consider endorsement ofthe 2019 Update to the Delta Science Plan
Attachment 1: Proposed Final Draft 2019 Delta Science Plan
Motion and Vote
| || ||10.|| Public Comment|
| || ||11.|| Preparation for Next Council Meeting|
| || ||12.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item)|
The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A),(e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758; (b) North Coast Rivers Alliance, et al. v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-80002898; and (c) Takahashi v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-00232084. (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).)
| || ||13.||Reconvene Open Session|
| || ||ADJOURN|
| ||NOTE: The times for subject discussion, action, or for adjournment, are approximate only. Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day before the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early|
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before 12:00 p.m. the day before a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting and posted on the Council’s website. Correspondence received after 12:00 p.m. or hand delivered at the meeting will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received, and posted to the website after the meeting.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, Delta Stewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Additional information can be found on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/. If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at