| || ||1.|| Welcome and Introductions |
Committee members will have the opportunity to share items of interest with other DPIIC members.
| || ||2.|| Opportunities for Strengthening and Supporting the Delta Science Enterprise|
Committee members will hear from members of the Delta Science Funding Initiative workgroup and the Delta Independent Science Board (Delta ISB) regarding recommendations for strengthening the Delta science enterprise and discuss how the Delta science and management community can move forward in both the short- and long-term.
| || || || || Panelists: |
Delta Science Funding Initiative: Randy Fiorini and Amanda Bohl, Delta Stewardship Council;
and Jason Peltier, Coalition for a Sustainable Delta
Delta Independent Science Board: Richard Norgaard, Jay Lund, and Steve Brandt
| || || || || Committee Discussion: |
1) What are critical steps to address or implement the recommendations in the science funding white paper and the Delta ISB’s letter to DPIIC?
2) How can DPIIC lead efforts to address issues of science funding and governance? 3) How can DPIIC promote and encourage collaboration and efficiency in science efforts related to water management and ecosystem restoration in the Delta?
| || || || || Committee Action:|
Endorsement of a science funding and governance workgroup to:
1) explore options for implementing the recommendations in the science funding white paper and the Delta ISB’s letter to DPIIC; and
2) recommend options for implementing key components of the white paper and Delta ISB recommendations. Findings of the work group will be presented at the November DPIIC meeting.
| ||3.|| Progress toward Protecting, Restoring, and Enhancing the Delta Ecosystem |
Committee members will hear how entities in the Bay and Delta are building consensus and support for restoration. Committee members will also discuss how DPIIC can increase support for restoration across the Bay-Delta system. Jessica Law, chief deputy executive officer of the Delta Stewardship Council will moderate this panel.
| || || || Panelists:|
| || || ||Adrian Covert|
|Bay Area Council|
San Francisco Estuary Partnership
California Natural Resources Agency
Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy
| || || || Committee Discussion:|
1) How can DPIIC apply lesson’s learned from the Bay to support restoration in the Delta?
2) How can DPIIC reduce barriers to implementation, such as permitting complexity, challenges associated with long-term management and funding, and coordinated sciencesupport for adaptive management?
| ||4.|| Interagency Efforts to Eradicate Nutria |
Delta Lead Scientist John Callaway will provide updates on interagency efforts to eradicate nutria.
| || ||5.|| Closing Remarks and Committee Business |
Committee members may discuss committee business and potential highlights of the next meeting.
| || ||6.||Public Comment|
| || |
| || |
- Additional information regarding the Delta Plan Interagency Implementation Committee can be found on the Delta Stewardship Council’s at www.deltacouncil.ca.gov.
- If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at (916) 445-5511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions or need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources Office at (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.