| ||1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
| || ||2.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| || ||3.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item)|
The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758; (b) North Coast Rivers Alliance, et al. v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-80002898; and (c) Takahashi v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-00232084.
(This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).)
| || ||4.|| Reconvene Open Session|
| || ||5.|
Consideration of the Sacramento Area Council of Government’s 2020 Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy and its Consistency with the Delta Plan (Action Item)
Return to Item
Motion and Vote
| || || || ||This item will start at approximately 1:00 PM.|
The Council will receive an overview of the Sacramento Area Council of Government’s 2020 Metropolitan Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy. Per the Delta Reform Act (Water Code §85054), the Council will consider if the draft Strategy is consistent with the Delta Plan.
Attachment 1: Council’s NOP Comment Letter, June 21, 2019
Attachment 2: Council’s Draft 2020 MTP/SCS and Draft EIR Comment Letter
| ||6.| Adoption of September 26, 2019 Meeting Summary (Action Item) Motion and Vote
| || ||7.|| Chair’s Report (Information Item)|
| || ||8.|| Executive Officer’s Report (Information Item)|
| || || ||a)||Legal Update|
| || || ||b)||Outreach Highlights Report|
The Council will receive a report on the past month’s outreach efforts.
| || || ||c)||Active Projects List|
The Council will receive a list of the current state, regional, local, and other projects being tracked as potential covered actions requiring consistency with the Delta Plan.
| || || ||d)||Contract and Budget Update|
The Council will receive a report on the FY 2019 budget and contracts.
| || ||9.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item)|
Dr. John Callaway will report on recent advances in Delta science and research.
| || || ||Attachment 1: Visual abstract on salmon life-cycle modeling|
Attachment 2: Ecological Effects of the 2015 Emergency Drought Barrier
Attachment 3: Delta Smelt: Biology and Management 101 (provided at the Council Meeting)
Attachment 4: By the Numbers Summary (provided at the Council Meeting)
| || ||10.|| Council Consideration of Endorsement of the Delta Plan Five-Year Review Report (Action Item)|
The Council will consider adoption of a resolution that endorses the Delta Plan Five-Year Review Report and states that the Report’s findings and recommendations are exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Motion and Vote
| || || ||Attachment 1: Delta Plan Five-Year Review Report|
Attachment 2: Proposed Resolution 2019-03: Determination of CEQA Exemption and Endorsement of Delta Plan Five-Year Review Report
Attachment 3: Draft Delta Plan Five-Year Review Highlights (provided at the Council Meeting)
| || ||11.|| Public Comment|
| || ||12.|| Preparation for Next Council Meeting|
| || ||ADJOURN|
|NOTE: The times for subject discussion, action, or for adjournment, are approximate only. Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day before the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early|
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before 12:00 p.m. the day before a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting and posted on the Council’s website. Correspondence received after 12:00 p.m. or hand delivered at the meeting will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received, and posted to the website after the meeting.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, Delta Stewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Additional information can be found on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/. If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at (916) 445-0769