| ||Agenda Item: 1|
| ||Time: 9:00 AM – 9:05 AM (approximate)|
| ||Location: Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814|
| ||1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
Adjourn to Park Tower, 980 9th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
| ||Agenda Items: 2-3|
| ||Time: 9:05 AM – 10:30 AM (approximate)|
| || ||2.||Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| ||3.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item)|
| || || || ||The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758; (b) North Coast Rivers Alliance, et al. v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-80002898; and (c) Takahashi v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-00232084.|
(This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).)
| || || || || |
| || ||Adjourn to Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814|
| || || || || |
| || ||Agenda Items: 4- 12|
| || ||Time: 10:30 AM (approximate)|
| || ||4.|| Reconvene Open Session|
| || ||5.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| || ||6.|
Adoption of December 19, 2019 Meeting Summary (Action Item)
Motion and Vote
| || ||7.|| Chair’s Report (Information Item)|
| || ||8.|| Executive Officer’s Report|
| || || ||a)|| Legal Update (Information Item)|
| || || ||b)|| Legislative Update (Action Item)|
The Council will discuss current legislation that could affect the Council and/or implementation of the Delta Plan and may take action to express support, opposition, or seek to amend any of the bills listed in the monthly legislative report.
| || || ||c)|| Outreach Highlights Report (Information Item)|
The Council will receive a report on the past month’s outreach efforts.
| || || ||d)|| Active Projects List (Information Item)|
The Council will receive a list of the current state, regional, local, and other projects being tracked in the Delta.
| || || ||e)|| Quarterly Contract and Budget Update (Information Item)|
The Council will receive the 4th quarter report on the FY 2019 budget and contracts.
| || || ||f)|| Amendment of Contract with the University of California, San Diego/California Sea Grant to Revise the Scope of Work to Include Recruitment Activities for a UC Extension Specialist (Action Item)|
The Council will consider approval of an amendment to an existing contract with the University of California, San Diego/California Sea Grant (Sea Grant) for a change to the scope of work to include recruitment activities for a social science UC Extension Specialist for the Delta Science Program. The amendment does not change the total cost or term of the contract.
Motion and Vote
| || || ||g)|| 2019 Council Accomplishments and Proposed 2020-2021 Priorities (Information Item)|
The Executive Officer and staff will discuss the Council’s 2019 accomplishments and present proposed 2020-2021 priorities based on Council Retreat discussions.
| || ||9.|| Bay Conservation and Development Commission’s Adapting to Rising Tides Project (Information Item)|
Staff from the Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC) will present the findings of the Council-funded Adapting to Rising Tides Project for eastern Contra Costa County. Council staff will also discuss how the project may be incorporated in the Council’s development of the Delta Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Strategy.
| || ||10.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item)|
Dr. John Callaway will report on recent advances in Delta science and research.
| || ||11.||Public Comment|
| || ||12.|| Preparation for Next Council Meeting|
| || ||ADJOURN|
|NOTE: The times for subject discussion, action, or for adjournment, are approximate only. Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day before the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early.|
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before 12:00 p.m. the day before a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting. Correspondence received after 12:00 p.m. or hand-delivered at the meeting will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, DeltaStewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Additional information is available on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov. If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at (916) 445-0769 or email@example.com.