| ||1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
| || ||2.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| ||3.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item)|
| || || || ||The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758; (b) North Coast Rivers Alliance, et al. v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-80002898; and (c) Takahashi v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-00232084.|
(This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).)
| || ||4.||Reconvene Open Session|
| || ||5.|
Adoption of January 23, 2020 Meeting Summary (Action Item)
Motion and Vote
| || ||6.|| Chair’s Report (Information Item)|
| || ||7.|| Executive Officer’s Report|
| || || ||The Executive Officer will provide an update on the Council’s activities and provide the Council with the Outreach Highlights Report and Active Projects List.|
| || || ||a)|| Legal Update (Information Item)|
| || || ||b)|| Legislative Update (Action Item)|
The Council will discuss current legislation that could affect the Council and/or implementation of the Delta Plan and may take action to express support, opposition, or seek to amend any of the bills listed in the monthly legislative report.
| || || ||c)|| Amendment of an Interagency Agreement with the Department of Water Resources to Support Information Technology Services (Action Item)|
The Council will consider approval of an amendment to an existing Interagency Agreement with the Department of Water Resources to change the scope of work and increase the funding amount. The amendment covers the release of online collaboration software for the Council, continued remediation of Council websites and documents for accessibility per AB434, and converting the Council’s website to make content editing more user-friendly for staff. The amendment changes the total amount of the contract from $495,000 to $711,000.
Motion and Vote
| || ||8.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item)|
Dr. John Callaway will report on recent advances in Delta science and research.
| || ||9.|| Review of the Public Draft of the Council’s Public Participation Plan (Information Item)|
The Council will review and provide input on the Council’s draft Public Participation Plan, which will be available for public comment from today’s meeting through March 31, 2020
| || ||10.|| Delta Conveyance Update (Information Item)|
Staff from the Department of Water Resources will provide an update on the schedule for the release of environmental documents (e.g., Notice of Preparation) relating to water conveyance infrastructure in the Delta.
| || ||11.|| Public Comment|
| || ||12.||Preparation for Next Council Meeting|
| || ||ADJOURN|
|NOTE: The times for subject discussion, action, or for adjournment, are approximate only. Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day before the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early.|
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before 12:00 p.m. the day before a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting. Correspondence received after 12:00 p.m. or hand-delivered at the meeting will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, DeltaStewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Additional information is available on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov. If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at (916) 445-0769 or [email protected]