Day 1 (April 30, 2020)
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (approximate)
| || || |
| ||1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
| || ||2.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| ||3.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item)|
| || || || ||The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758; (b) North Coast Rivers Alliance, et al. v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-80002898; and (c) Takahashi v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-00232084.|
(This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).)
| || ||4.|| Reconvene Open Session|
| || ||5.|| Roll Call – Re-establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| || ||6.||Chair’s Report (Information Item)|
| || || ||a)|| Introduction of New Council member Daniel Zingale|
| || ||7.|| Executive Officer’s Report|
| || || ||The Executive Officer will provide an update on the Council’s activities and provide the Council with the Outreach Highlights Report and Active Projects List.|
| || || ||a)||Legal Update (Information Item)|
| || || ||b)|| Legislative Update (Action Item)|
The Council will discuss current legislation that could affect the Council and/or implementation of the Delta Plan and may take action to express support, opposition, or seek to amend any of the bills listed in the monthly legislative report.
| || || ||c)|| Quarterly Contract and Budget Update (Information Item) The Council will receive the 4th quarter report on the FY 2019 budget and contracts.|
| || ||8.|| Consent Calendar (Action Item)|
Items for consent calendar are expected to be routine and non-controversial. The Council will be asked to approve items on the consent calendar at one time without discussion. If any council member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the consent calendar, it will be removed. Removed items may be taken up either immediately after the consent agenda or placed later on the agenda at the discretion of the chair.
Motion and Vote
| || || ||a)||Adoption of March 26, 2020 Meeting Summary|
| || || ||b)||Contract with the University of California, Davis to Fund San Francisco Estuary & Watershed Science (SFEWS)|
| || || ||c)||Amendment of an Interagency Agreement with the California Department of Water Resources for Information Technology Services|
| || || ||d)||Amendment of an Agreement with Aquatic Science Center for Integrated Modeling Support|
| || ||9.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item)|
Dr. John Callaway will report on recent advances in Delta science and research. The Council will also receive a presentation on the Delta Social Science Task Force's final report.
| || ||10.|| Delta Independent Science Board Update (Information Item)|
Chair of the Delta Independent Science Board, Dr. Elizabeth Canuel, will provide an update on the activities of the Delta Independent Science Board.
| || ||11.|| Appointment of Delta Lead Scientist (Water Code §85280(b)) (Action Item)|
Based on the recommendation from the Delta Independent Science Board, the Council will consider appointment of a new Lead Scientist for the Delta Science Program.
Motion and Vote
| || ||12.|| Public Comment|
| || || || |
| || |
|NOTE: The times for subject discussion, action, or for adjournment, are approximate only. Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day before the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early.|
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before 12:00 p.m. the day before a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting. Correspondence received after 12:00 p.m. will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, Delta Stewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Additional information is available on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov. If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at (916) 445-0769 or email@example.com.