CALIFORNIA MLPA INITIATIVE
PROTECTION ACT INITIATIVE
SCIENCE ADVISORY TEAM (SAT)
Click Here To Start
CALIFORNIA MLPA INITIATIVE SCIENCE
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, November 9, 2006
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
San Jose State Building, Alquist Auditorium
100 Paseo de San Antonio,
San Jose, CA 95113
Members of the public are invited to view or listen to the
meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet and may view an archived
version approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the MLPA website
for more information.
Red links indicate pages
that require Adobe
here for an Adobe PDF version of this agenda.
- Review of preliminary draft CEQA document for central coast MPAs
- Review and discussion of the MLPA Baseline Science-Management Panel
recommendations and draft monitoring plan for the central coast.
- Update on analytical tools - Calzone
- Final discussions of SAT structure and function for next region
1. Welcome, review of agenda, and recent updates: 9:00 a.m.
John Ugoretz, Nearshore Ecosystem Coordinator, California Department of Fish
and Game (DFG)
John J. Kirlin, Executive Director, MLPA Initiative
2. Review of the preliminary draft CEQA document for central coast
MPAs: 9:15 a.m.
Discussion of potential impacts, if any, and any recommended edits for final
CEQA (note, if document is not available prior to the meeting this discussion
will be re-focused on other environmental impact questions)
3. Baseline Science-Management Panel Update: 10:45 a.m.
- Panel recommendations
- Existing programs
- Needed funding and expertise
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - provided
for SAT members and staff offsite
Ryan Broddrick and Sonke Mastrup
4. Draft monitoring plan for central coast MPAs: 1:00 p.m.
Discussion and comment on preliminary draft plan
5. Update on analytical and planning tools: 2:00 p.m.
Loo Botsford, Steve Gaines, Astrid Scholz
Discussion of the latest work on Calzone and other tools
Break: 3:00 p.m.
6. Continuation of earlier discussions, other items and wrap up: 3:15
Provide a clear outline of next steps
Thank you to SAT members for their hard work and service to the State of
7. Public Comment: 3:30 p.m.
Public comment will be limited to time available at the discretion of the
Adjourn: 4:00 p.m.