DCISC Agenda for the Public Meeting
on October 7 & 8, 2008
Tuesday & Wednesday, October 7 & 8, 2008
Avila Lighthouse Suites, Conference Center
550 Front Street, Avila Beach, California
Morning Session - 10/08/2008 - 8:00 A.M.
XV Reconvene for Morning Meeting
XVI Committee Member Comments
XVII Public Comments and Communications
- Anyone wishing to address the Committee on matters not appearing on the Agenda may do so now. The public may comment on any matter listed on the Agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Committee. There will be a time limit of not more than five minutes for each speaker. No action will be taken by the Committee on matters brought up under this item but they may be referred to staff for further study, response or action.
XVIII Consent Agenda
Motion and Vote
- Routine items which the Committee can approve with a single motion and vote. A member may request that any item be placed on the regular agenda for separate consideration.
- A. Minutes of June 25-26, 2008, Meeting: Approve
XIX Action Items
- DCISC 18th Annual Report on Safety of Diablo Canyon Operations; July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008 - Discussion/Approval Motion and Vote
- Update on Financial Matters and Committee Activities during 2008 & 2009 - Discussion/Action
- Discussion of Issues on Open Items List - Discussion/Direction
XX Committee Member Reports and Discussion
- Public Outreach, Site Visits and Other Committee Activities
- Documents Provided to the Committee
XXI Staff-Consultant Reports & Receive, Approve and Authorize Transmittal of Fact-Finding Reports to PG&E
- Ferman Wardell: Fact-finding Topics; Report on and approval of July 16-17, 2008, Report on September 16-17, 2008, Fact Finding Report
- Jim E. Booker: Fact- finding Topics; Report on August 27-28, 2008, Fact Finding Report
- Robert Wellington: Administrative, Regulatory and Legal Matters
XXIII Concluding Remarks & Discussion by Committee Members of Future DCISC Activities
- Future Actions by the Committee
- Further Information to Obtain/Review Public Comment
- Scheduling of Future Site Visits, Study Sessions and Meetings
XXIV. Adjournment of Fifty-Fifth Public Meeting
Public Tour - 10/08/2008 - 1:00 P.M.
- Public Tour of Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant to assemble at the PG&E Community Center
(Prior registration and security clearance required of all public participants.)
- The Members of the Independent Safety Committee, accompanied by members of the public, will conduct a tour of the Plant.
- Following the tour, or in the alternative if the tour must be cancelled for any reason, the Committee will convene an informal question and answer session at the PG&E Community Center, 6588 Ontario Road, San Luis Obispo.
- Conclude Public Tour