NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE GROVER BEACH CITY COUNCIL
A Special Meeting of the City Council of the City of Grover Beach is hereby called for Monday December 10, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall, Council Chamber, 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, California to consider the matters set forth in the attached Special Meeting Agenda.
JOHN P. SHOALS, MAYOR
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
GROVER BEACH CITY COUNCIL
GROVER BEACH CITY HALL – COUNCIL CHAMBER 154 SOUTH 8TH STREET, GROVER BEACH, CALIFORNIA
MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in a City meeting, please contact the City Clerk's Office (805) 473-4568 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting to ensure that reasonable arrangements can be made to provide accessibility to the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE
City Council: Council Members Barbara Nicolls, Debbie Peterson, Mariam Shah,
Mayor Pro Tem Jeff Lee, and Mayor John Shoals.
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION MATTERS
1. Certification of the Results for the General Municipal Election Held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 – Acting City Clerk Sims. The City Council will consider adopting a Resolution reciting the facts of the General Municipal Election, declaring the results, and such other matters as provided by law.
(Recommended Action: Adopt the Resolution declaring the results of the General Municipal Election held on November 6, 2018.)
ROLL CALL VOTE
Motion and Vote
2. City Presentation to Mayor John Shoals and Opportunity for Comments - City Manager Bronson.
3. Swearing-in Ceremony and Seating of Directly-elected Mayor and New Council Members – Acting City Clerk Sims. The City Clerk will administer Oaths of Office and present Certificates of Election to Council Member Barbara Nicolls, Council Member Mariam Shah, and Mayor Jeff Lee.
ROLL CALL Council Members Barbara Nicolls, Debbie Peterson, Mariam Shah, and Mayor Jeff Lee.
Any member of the public may address the Council for a period not to exceed three minutes total on any item of interest within the jurisdiction of this Council. The Council will listen to all communications; however, in compliance with the Brown Act, the Council cannot act on items not on the agenda.
4. Comments from Newly Elected Officials - Comments and remarks from Council Member Barbara Nicolls, Council Member Mariam Shah, and Mayor Jeff Lee.
5. Appointment of Mayor Pro Tem for 2019 - City Attorney Hale. The incoming directly- elected Mayor is requested to select a Mayor Pro Tem for the one-year period of December 2018 - December 2019, in accordance with Resolution No. 08-18.
(Recommended Action: For the Mayor to appoint one member of the City Council to serve a one-year appointment as Mayor Pro Tem for the City of Grover Beach, effective immediately.)
6. City Council Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2019 – City Manager Bronson. The City
Council will consider adopting a schedule for regularly scheduled City Council meetings for the coming calendar year.
(Recommended Action: Adopt the proposed City Council meeting schedule for calendar year 2019.)
Motion and Vote
7. Procedure for Filling Vacant Council Seat – City Attorney Hale. The City Council will receive information about options for filling a vacant Council seat and provide policy direction
to staff for filling the seat vacated by incoming Mayor Lee.
(Recommended Action: Receive information about options for filling a vacant Council seat and provide policy direction to staff for filling the seat vacated by incoming Mayor Lee.) Motion and Vote
Members of the public are invited to attend a brief reception to be held in the City Hall Council Chambers immediately following the City Council meeting.
* * * * *
Staff reports or other written materials relating to each item of business referred to on this agenda are on file in the City Clerk’s Office and are available for public inspection and reproduction during normal business hours at City Hall, 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA. If you have questions regarding any agenda item, please contact the appropriate City Department.
Note: This agenda was prepared and posted pursuant to Government Code Section 54956. Please refer to the agenda posted at City Hall for any revisions or call the City Clerk’s Office at (805) 473-4567 for more information.
c:Mayor and Council Members Commissions & Committee Members City Manager; City Attorney Department Directors