|I.|| FLAG SALUTE, CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL|
|II.|| PUBLIC COMMENTS: Any member of the public may address the Council for a period not to exceed three minutes on any item of interest not on the agenda within the jurisdiction of the Council. The Council will listen to all communication, but in compliance with the Brown Act, will not take any action on items that are not on the agenda.|
- SLOCOG Executive Director
- Caltrans District 5 Director
|IV.||PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS|
|A-1|| Transit Fund Programming:|
- FY 2016/17 Proposition 1B “Safety and Security” (ROLL CALL – ADOPT RESOLUTION [ATTACHMENT A, PAGE A-1-6] APPROVING FY 2016/17 PROPOSITION 1B “SAFETY AND SECURITY” PROJECTS IN TABLE A). Tim Gillham
- FY 2017/18 Rural Transit Fund (RTF) Program of Projects (VOICE VOTE – APPROVE FY 2017/2018 RTF PROJECTS IN TABLE B). Tim Gillham
Motion and Vote
|A-2| 2017 Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP) Amendment No. 5 & Corresponding Air Quality Conformity Analysis Determination (AQCD) Update
(ROLL CALL – ADOPT THE RESOLUTION APPROVING AMENDMENT NO. 5 TO THE 2017 FTIP AND CORRESPONDING AQCD). John DiNunzio
Motion and Vote
|A-3| 2017 Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Infrastructure Improvements
(VOICE VOTE – APPROVE THE DISTRIBUTION OF REGIONAL STATE HIGHWAY ACCOUNT [RSHA] FUNDING FOR SRTS INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS). Jeffery Brubaker
Motion and Vote
|A-4| Draft Public Involvement Plan (PIP) for 2019 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)
(VOICE VOTE – REVIEW, PROVIDE FEEDBACK ON PIP AND SCHEDULE FOR ADOPTION AT THE JUNE 2017 BOARD MEETING). Stephanie Hick
Motion and Vote
|B-1|| FY 2017/18 Transportation Development Act (TDA) Fund Apportionment (VOICE VOTE –|
- APPROVE ESTIMATED LOCAL TRANSPORTATION FUND [LTF] [TABLE A] APPORTIONMENTS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2017/2018;
- APPROVE STATE TRANSIT ASSISTANCE [STA] [TABLE C] ALLOCATIONS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2017/2018 [SUBJECT TO STATE BUDGET]). Lori Kramer
|B-2| State Legislation: AB 496, Traffic Relief and Road Improvement Act (Fong, Cunningham)
(VOICE VOTE - SUPPORT AND SEEK INTIGRATION OF REFORM MEASURES INTO A COMPROMISE BILL [LIKELY SB 1]). Ronald De Carl
|B-3| State Legislative Transportation Bills
(VOICE VOTE - SUPPORT BILLS). Ronald De Carli
Motion and Vote
|VI.||AREA WIDE / AGENCY ISSUES|
|C-1|| Data Services Update (INFORMATION - RECEIVE). Geoffrey Chiapella / Daniel Audelo|
|C-2| FY 2017/2018 Draft Overall Work Program and Budget
(ROLL CALL –ADOPT RESOLUTION APPROVING THE 2017/2018 OWP AND BUDGET AND CERTIFY CONFORMITY WITH FEDERAL AND STATE RULES AND REGULATIONS; AUTHORIZE STAFF TO MAKE MINOR MODIFICATIONS TO THE BUDGET AND OWP TO ADDRESS FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION [FHWA], FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION [FTA], AND CALTRANS COMMENTS; SCHEDULE BUDGET AMENDMENT IN JUNE OR AUGUST TO ADDRESS PENDING GRANTS; ADP[T ASSPCOATED SALARY SCHEDULE). Ronald De Carli
Motion and Vote
|VII.|| CONSENT AGENDA (INFORMATION AND ACTION ITEMS – ROLL CALL): The|
following Items are considered routine and non-controversial by staff and will be approved by one motion if no member of the COG or public wishes an item be removed. If discussion is desired by anyone, the item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be considered separately. Questions of clarification may be made by COG Board members without removal from the Consent Agenda. The recommendations for each item are noted in parenthesis. Motion and Vote
|D-1||Minutes of Meetings:|
- SLOCOG Minutes – February 1, 2017 (APPROVE);
- Executive Committee Minutes – March 8, 2017 (INFORMATION).
- Social Services Transportation Advisory Council (SSTAC) Minutes – March 22,, 2017 (INFORMATION).
- Technical Transportation Advisory Committee (TTAC) Minutes – March 22,, 2017 (INFORMATION).
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) Minutes – March 22, 2017 (INFORMATION).
|D-2||a. Year-to-date Financial Report|
b. FY 2016/17 Overall Work Program and Budget Amendment No. 2 (APPROVE THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION AS OUTLINED BELOW):
- Receive and File Year-to-Date Financial Statements (Attachments A and B).
- Approve FY 2016/17 OWP and Budget Amendment No. 2 (Attachment C).
|D-3||AGP Video Production of Board Meetings - Contract Renewal (APPROVE CONTRACT WITH AGP VIDEO TO TELEVISE ALL SLOCOG AND SLORTA MEETINGS WITH COSTS SHARED ON PRO-RATA BASIS) (SLORTA to consider separately at their May meeting). James Worthley|
|D-4||2017/2018 Unmet Transit Needs Findings (APPROVE RESOLUTION FINDING THERE ARE NO “UNMET TRANSIT NEEDS” THAT ARE “REASONABLE TO MEET” FOR FY 2017/2018; COMPILE FINAL REPORT AND SUBMIT TO CALTRANS). Tim Gillham|
|D-5||Contract Extension between SLOCOG and Fehr & Peers for Regional Traffic Model Maintenance Services (APPROVE). James Worthley|
|D-6||Assessment of Progress made by Transit Operators and Ride-On from prior Performance Audits (APPROVE – see staff report for full recommendations). Eliane Wilson|
- Find adequate progress on the Atascadero Transit and SLO Transit…
- Work with Morro Bay in FY17-18…
- Work with Ride-On…
|D-7||SLO Regional Rideshare Triannual Report (INFORMATION – RECEIVE). Stephanie Hicks|
|D-8||2013 Public Participation Plan (PPP): Evaluation of Methodologies|
(INFORMATION – RECEIVE). Stephanie Hicks
|D-9||Two Year Contract Extension - Ride Amigos (Ride Matching Software) (APPROVE CONTRACT AMENDMENT WITH RIDE AMIGOS). Stephanie Hicks|
|D-10||Intercity Rail Update (ENDORSE EFFORTS; SEND LETTER IN SUPPORT OF AMTRAK’S LONG DISTANCE [Coast Starlight] ROUTES). Peter Rodgers|
|D-11||Status on the new San Luis Obispo Transit Center (SUPPORT $15k OF PREVIOUSLY APPROVED RURAL TRANSIT FUNDS FOR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT; ACCEPT “WHITE PAPER” TO CONTINUE PROJECT THROUGH FEDERAL ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCES). Peter Rodgers|
|D-12||Urban Transit Operators’ Federal Transit Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) (APPROVE). Eliane Wilson|
|D-13||North Coast Scenic Byway Projects – Status Update and Approvals (APPROVE THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION – see below). Jeffery Brubaker|
- Ratify the award of the contract to construct the North Coast Scenic Byway Gateway Monuments project and continue the February 2017 authorization for the Executive Director to execute the contract.
- Authorize the Executive Director to execute consultant contract amendments in amounts not to exceed $23,000 total, as described further in the staff report.
- Authorize the Executive Director, or designee, to complete all project close-out activities, including, but not limited to, project acceptance, required by Caltrans Local Assistance prior to the June 7, 2017 Board meeting.
- Authorize the use of surplus match funding allocated for the Interpretive Signs project for the Gateway Monuments project
|D-14||National Association of Regional Councils (NARC), Washington DC Conference and 2017 NARC’s recommendations for federal funding and infrastructure programs (SUPPORT NARC’s 2017 RECOMMENDATIONS for Federal Infrastructure funding and programs, and continue to advocate federal allocation of funding directly to metropolitan areas with a population of 50k vs 200k for regional programming, and to add a recommendation to continue and increase federal funding for transit). Ronald De Carli|
|D-15||Renewal of SLOSAFE Contract with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) (APPROVE RESOLUTION (ATTACHMENT A) AND AUTHORIZE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RONALD DE CARLI TO FORMALIZE AGREEMENT WITH CHP). Tim Gillham|
|D-16||Regional Scoring of Specialized Transit Capital Projects for Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities (ADOPT REGIONAL SCORES AND RESOLUTION). Eliane Wilson|
|D-17||Amendment/Contract Extension - Vanpool Subsidy Partners (APPROVE AMENDMENTS FOR CONTRACT EXTENSIONS TO APRIL 19). Stephanie Hicks|
|D-18||Contract with C.R. Peterson Consulting, LLC for Traveler Information ITS Support (APPROVE CONTRACT AND AUTHORIZE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO SIGN). Mallory Jenkins|
|D-19||Correspondence, Press Releases and News Articles (INFORMATION – REVIEW AND FILE). Ronald De Carli|
|IX.|| BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE REPORTS|
|Next SLOCOG Board meeting: June 7, 2017|