DELTA INDEPENDENT SCIENCE BOARD MEETING
Friday, May 3, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT
Jean Harvie Community Center Auditorium
14273 River Rd
Walnut Grove, CA 95690
2406 Lalor Road
Oregon, WI 53575
|The meeting will be webcast at www.deltacouncil.ca.gov. |
Webcast signal may be intermittent due to internet infrastructure at the meeting location.
Materials referenced in this notice are available on the event page for this meeting. Members of the public are encouraged to visit the event page at
to print the background meeting materials. A limited number of copies of these materials will be available at the meeting.
On May 3, the Delta Independent Science Board (Delta ISB) will have an in-Delta meeting at the Jean Harvie Community Center in Walnut Grove to elect the new Delta ISB Chair Elect, whose term will begin on June 1, 2019. In addition, the Delta ISB will discuss how it can support the Delta Plan Interagency Implementation Committee (DPIIC) with carrying out the Delta ISB’s recommendations to improve interagency science, and the status of its current reviews. This will include a discussion on how to move forward with the public draft of its review on the Interagency Ecological Program (see prospectus).
THE AGENDA ITEMS LISTED BELOW MAY BE CONSIDERED IN A DIFFERENT ORDER PURSUANT TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE DELTA ISB CHAIR. TIMES LISTED ON THE AGENDA ARE APPROXIMATE ONLY. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DELTA ISB, ALL ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS AGENDA, WHETHER OR NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED FOR ACTION, MAY BE DELIBERATED UPON AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO ACTION.
|"Coequal goals" means the two goals of providing a more reliable water supply for California and protecting, restoring, and enhancing the Delta ecosystem. The coequal goals shall be achieved in a manner that protects and enhances the unique cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the Delta as an evolving place.|
– CA Water Code §85054
A link to the live webcast will be available the day of the meeting at deltacouncil.ca.gov/ as well as cal-span.org/.
Order of agenda items and listed times are subject to change.
|May 3, 2019: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|1.|| Welcome and Declarations|
|2.|| Delta ISB Chair Report and Business Matters|
|3.|| Council Chair and Executive Officer Report|
|4.|| Discussion: Supporting DPIIC to Improve Interagency Science|
|5.|| Delta Lead Scientist Report|
|6.| Election of New Delta ISB Chair Elect (Action Item) Motion and Vote
|7.|| Discussion on Current Reviews|
| ||a.|| Interagency Ecological Program|
| ||b.|| Delta Monitoring Enterprise|
| ||c.|| Water Supply Reliability|
| ||d.|| Ecosystems (Non-native species)|
|8.|| Preparation for Upcoming Delta ISB Meetings|
|9.|| Review of Items for Follow-up|
|10.|| Reflections from the Outgoing Delta ISB Chair|
|11.|| Public Comments |
The Delta ISB will take public comments on topics within its jurisdiction that are not on the agenda.
- If you have any questions, please contact Edmund Yu at 916-445-0637 or Edmund.Yu@deltacouncil.ca.gov.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta ISB on any agenda items except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such opportunity at an earlier meeting. In addition, comments during the Public Comment period shall be limited to matters within the Delta ISB’s jurisdiction and not on the agenda. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Sections 11125.7).
- Members of the public are encouraged to visit the Delta ISB website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/delta_science_program/isb/isb_meetings.html to print the background meeting materials. A limited number of copies of these materials will be available at the meeting.
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office, Delta Stewardship Council at (916) 445-5511, TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Note that the Delta Stewardship Council, which provides staff services to the Delta ISB, is under ex parte communication restrictions with regard to the Smith Canal Gate Project, and cannot discuss the project with anyone outside of the Council, which includes the Delta ISB. The Delta ISB is independent of the Council and is not under ex parte restrictions.