| || || |
| ||1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
| || ||2.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| ||3.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item)|
| || || || ||The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758; (b) North Coast Rivers Alliance, et al. v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-80002898; and (c) Takahashi v. Delta Stewardship Council, Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2018-00232084.|
(This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).)
| || ||4.||Reconvene Open Session|
| || ||5.||Roll Call – Re-establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
| || ||6.|| Consent Calendar (Action Item)|
| || || |
Items for consent calendar are expected to be routine and non-controversial. The Council will be asked to approve items on the consent calendar at one time without discussion. If any councilmember, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the consent calendar, it will be removed. Removed items may be taken up either immediately after the consent agenda or placed later on the agenda at the discretion of the chair
Motion and Vote
| || || ||a)||Adoption of June 25, 2020 Meeting Summary|
| || ||7.|| Chair’s Report|
| || || ||a)|| July 13, 2020 Delta Plan Interagency Implementation Committee Meeting|
| || ||8.|| Executive Officer’s Report|
| || || ||The Executive Officer will provide an update on the Council’s activities and provide the Council withthe Outreach Highlights Report and Active Projects List.|
| || || ||a)|| Legal Update (Information Item)|
| || || ||b)|| Legislative Update (Action Item)|
The Council will discuss current legislation that could affect the Council and/orimplementation of the Delta Plan and may take action to express support, opposition, orseek to amend any of the bills listed in the monthly legislative report.
| || || ||c)|| Quarterly Contract and Budget Update (Information Item)|
| || || ||d)|| Delta Protection Commission and Delta Conservancy Update (Information Item)|
The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy and Delta Protection Commission will provide updates on their activities relative to the Council and implementation of the Delta Plan.
| || ||9.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item)|
Dr. John Callaway will report on recent advances in Delta science and research.
| || ||10.|| 2022 Central Valley Flood Protection Plan Update (Information Item)|
Staff from the Department of Water Resources and Central Valley Flood Protection Board will present on the process and objectives for preparation of a 2022 update to the Central Valley Flood Protection Plan. Council staff will also describe how the Flood Plan relates to the Delta Plan.
| || ||11.|| Public Comment|
| || ||12.|| Preparation for Next Council Meeting|
| || ||ADJOURN|
| || || || |
|NOTE: Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day before the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early.|
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before 12:00 p.m. the day before a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting. Correspondence received after 12:00 p.m. will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, Delta Stewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Additional information is available on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov. If you have any questions, please contact Lita Brydie at (916) 445-0769 or email@example.com.